Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 1: Arrival

Greetings, my fellow West Virginians:

I arrived today shortly after 12noon local time at Pheasant Run in St. Charles. I have signed in and been credentialed. There's been a little bit of tension here amongst some of the Delegates.

Many found out, for the first time, that each State will only have one vote an any issue, and the Delegate from any given State who received the most votes is the 'Voting Delegate' and must reach a consensus with his or her other Delegates.

Since WV was only able to send one, not three, Delegates, this is not a problem for us.

Please contact me and leave comments. I will dutifully check then.

www.cc2009.us will have streaming video, I believe of the Congress.

In Liberty,
--- KPatrick (WV)

-------------------

Update: End of the first day.

Today was rather hectic. We had to elect a President, Vice-President, and Secretary for the Congress to commence. We had so much, to my mind, unnecessary arguing and ill-thought out ideas that we went over our allotted time by more than 2 hours!

We were even late for dinner, which I imagine Mr. Franklin would not have stood for. Several Delegates for one reason or another, thought it a prime idea to have a different President each day. Which aside from being nonsense, is practically impossible.

We eventually got most of the details hammered, out introduces a good many people to their first taste of parliamentary process. Hopefully the lessons we learned today will carry over in the days and weeks ahead.

We have a lot of work to do and not much time in which to do it. We are working from 8am to 9pm seven days a week until we leave. It's hard schedule, but I fear it may not be enough time. I am keeping careful record of the proceedings, the votes, the tally, and my votes which I will try to post daily for you to read and review. Please leave comments, or send me an email to discuss anything you see here.

Each State only gets one vote, so although I do not get to deliberate with other Delegates on the issues, it will be fine that WV has but one Delegate.

No comments:

Post a Comment